1. How much monetary sponsorship does the foundation need to raise to complete the production and distribution of "A Train Near Magdeburg"?
- The budget for the documentary film is $500,000. The costs include pre-production, scripting, producing, direction, principal photography in America, Europe and Israel, editing, music, post-production, visual effects and distribution fees.
2. How much filming has been done to date?
- We have spent two years so far making connections, doing research and filming initial interviews that have been done with survivors, family members, liberators and medics who were involved in this story.
3. Where will the documentary film be distributed when it is complete?
- We have an existing relationship and a formal Letter of Interest from American Public Television in the United States. American Public Television is the leading syndicator of high-quality, top-rated programming to public television stations in America.
American Public Television also distributes programming on a worldwide basis through television, online and home video distribution methods.
To learn more about APT, please go to https://www.aptonline.org/about/apt
4. When will the film be complete once the production funding has been raised?
- The goal would be to complete the film in time to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of the liberation of the train and the defeat of Nazi Germany.
5. Can I donate online?
- Yes. Donations can be made online at www.AugustaChiwy.org
6. Is my financial gift tax-deductible?
- Yes. Gifts to the Augusta Chiwy Foundation are tax deductible. The Augusta Chiwy Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit organization based in the United States.
7. Are there corporate sponsorships available?
- Yes. Corporate sponsorships are available at various giving levels through the Augusta Chiwy Foundation. Please contact Steven Croft to discuss these options.
8. How do I find out more information, ask questions and become involved?
- You may contact:
Steven E. Croft
Chairman of the Board
The Augusta Chiwy Foundation